Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hello Again!

After a year-long hiatus, I've decided to resume blogging.  Hopefully I'll be more *ahem* consistent with my posts this time around.  I want to expand my focus, and talk a little more about other things that make the home a cozy place, and not just cooking. I've also changed my name.  There are two other blogs called Sugar and Spice, and one of them is a popular cooking blog. I was never really happy with the name, anyway.  It didn't feel quite right for me.  Though, please note, that while there will be plenty of butter used in the making of this blog, I don't foresee too much wurst.

As for my life, since I've been away, I got married, which was pretty much where we left off.  I've been able to get my stomach issues under control, and I've become a healthier cook--though I still love a nice piece of cake.

I've also had to become a more frugal cook, as my husband was laid off from his job of the past five years, about two months after we got married.  He then decided to take a chance on a similar position, but the business didn't work out.  He's now planing on going back to school, starting next month.  Sean will be a full-time student with an almost full-time job.  We'll also be moving back into the city of Pittsburgh.  Our new home will be a freshly renovated row house, built in 1900.  The kitchen will be a little smaller, but I think it will be a huge improvement for us on the whole. It turns out that I'm not much of a suburbs person, though I already knew that.

 As you can see, my life has become no less busy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  I tend to be a sleepy, person, watching TV on the couch while thinking about what my next cooking project will be.  But this is such an exciting time for Sean and me as a family, and I think that lots more changes are in store. I hope you stick around with me to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment