Friday, August 7, 2009

Who Thought of These?





Blowing my diet today on one of these little guys. Please excuse the picture, as it was taken from my cell phone. My boss's boss got them from the Macy's/former Kauffmann's Bakery in downtown Pittsburgh. I didn't really have a choice in the matter of eating it or not. Basically, it's a sugar-thumbprint cookie with sprinkles/jimmys, and a huge dollop of very yummy icing on top. The icing on this particular cookie is mint-chocolate flavored. They are surprisingly delicious. This came as something of a surprise to me, since I tend to dislike desserts that promote what I call "gratuitous sweetness". Of course, I am the one who suggested that you all make a s'more pie, so I can't be too smug.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. Thumbprint cookies are wonderful. The crumbly cookie texture and that tantalizing icing they place in the center just make a perfect tiny treat I tend to just pop in mouth and savor. Oh great, now I'm drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must taste better than it looks.

    ReplyDelete